Why Volunteer With Ohio Township Fire Department?
- Have you ever heard a siren or seen a fire engine and wondered where it was going?
- Are you looking to challenge yourself on the next level, while giving back to your community?
- Looking to meet new people – who will become a second family to you?
- Are you wanting to make a positive impact in peoples life?
- Do you want to be apart of something bigger than just one person?
Then you’re probably a candidate for Ohio Township Fire Department.
Whether it be to positively affect their community and the people around it, wanting to be challenged by one of the most diverse vocations today or as an alternative to their everyday schedule, everyone has their reasons to volunteer.
Many like the reward of being able to help people in their time of need and some just want to be part of the team. Imagine having to prepare yourself to mitigate situations that range from structure fires to heart attacks to vehicle accidents on a major highway. Never knowing what the next run will be, coupled along with not knowing whether it’ll be during the day or at night, rain or shine, freezing cold or blistering hot challenges you to perform your best in often worse case scenarios.
We realize that not everyone can rush into fires or provide medical care to those in need, but we believe that everyone has the ability to contribute to their community. There is plenty of work to be done on or behind the scene of Ohio Township Fire Department from administrative work to help keep everything in line, to teaching fire safety to young children across the township, to providing your business experience as a board member for our non-profit organization.
Whatever your capacity to volunteer is, you’ll find personal rewards and satisfaction received from doing it is greater than we can place into words. In the end, our goal remains to save people, protect property and limit the damage to the environment from the harmful effects of fire, hazardous materials, and natural acts. If you think you’re up to the challenge, fill out our initial inquiry form.
6 Steps To Volunteering
It’s easy to get started, here are the steps to follow for a Firefighter & EMS Volunteer:
- Be at least 18 years
- Complete your initial inquiry form
- Return the application provided by the Officer who contacts you
- Attend your interview date (First Tuesdays of the month)
- Receive your gear and uniform if you pass your interview
- Complete your CPR and Indiana Firefighter Module A
Once you completed those 6 steps, you’ll be ready to start making runs with Ohio Township Fire Department.